Compliments, Comments, Concerns or Complaints

You have the right to receive a good level of service.  We want to hear your views as this helps us to improve our services.

You can help us to make improvements by telling us if you are particularly pleased with a member of staff or service, or would like to make a suggestion.

We don’t just want to know when things go well, we also want to know when things go wrong.  If you are a user of our services and have a complaint or suggestion to make, this information is designed to help you.  People who are not service users can also make a complaint and have their complaint responded to.

You will not be disadvantaged in any way by making a complaint, comment or raising a concern about the care or treatment you have received.

Compliments, Comments and Concerns

If you wish to make a comment, raise a concern or pay a compliment for the service or care you have received, could you please let us know by contacting the Practice Manager using the contact details below.

Complaints – How to Complain

If you are not happy about the care or treatment provided, tell the GP, Nurse or Health Care Assistant concerned, if you feel that you are able to. If you are unhappy with the service provided by the Practice, for example difficulties in booking an appointment, please speak to a member of Reception on 01908 605775.

They will try to find a solution that everyone is happy with. Most problems are sorted out this way.

If you don’t feel that they can help, or if you are not happy with the answers they give you can:

Our aim is to deal with these concerns flexibly and to meet the needs and wishes of the person making the complaint, and any others who may be involved.

The Complaint departments’ contact details are:

Complaints – CMK
Central Milton Keynes Medical Centre
68 Bradwell Common Boulevard
Bradwell Common
Milton Keynes
MK13 8RN

What happens next?

It may be that we can sort the problem out quickly without needing to do anything else.

If that isn’t possible, our Practice Manager will discuss with you a plan of action to deal with your concerns in the best way to resolve your complaint.  We will then look into the complaint and give you a response.

You can expect your complaint to be listened to, investigated fairly and responded to in a professional manner.

Joint Complaints

If your complaint involves both Health Care services and Adult Social Care services, the Practice Manager will advise you which organisation will be responding to your complaint.

We may write to you to request consent to share any relevant information between the different organisations in order to respond to your complaint.

Can I Complain on behalf of someone else?

You can complain on behalf of someone else if they have asked you to, we will usually ask for their consent.

You can also complain on behalf of the service user if they are unable to make the complaint themselves.

Can anyone else help me make a Complaint?

Yes, you can ask someone else to explain the problem on your behalf.  That person is what we call an advocate and could be a friend or relative.

The Health Complaints Advocacy Service in Milton Keynes can be reached on:

Telephone: 0300 343 5716


What happens if I have received a final response to my Complaint and I am still dissatisfied?

If you have received a final response to your complaint and are not happy with the reply, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to consider your complaint.  A leaflet explaining how to do this is available from the service. The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman contact details are:


Customer Helpline:  0345 015 4033

Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower,
30 Millbank,
London SW1P 4QP

Who else can I contact?

You can also ask NHS England to consider your concerns.

The contact details are:
NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Email: with ‘For the attention of the Complaints Team’ in the subject line.