Some patients who are receiving long term medication may be authorised by the doctors to have a repeat prescription. The left hand sheet of the prescription is used by the pharmacist to dispense the medication. The right hand sheet (request slip) is retained by the patient and used when medication is next required.
To request a repeat prescription :
- Order Repeat Prescriptions online
- Place your request slip in the box in reception, indicating clearly which items you require. If you supply a stamped addressed envelope your prescription will be posted back to you. (Please allow extra time for posting)
- Some pharmacies provide a prescription collection service and will dispense your medication ready for collection. Please arrange this directly with the pharmacy.
- Please do not try to order your medication online more than 7 days in advance, as the system will not allow this to be processed.
- We do not take requests for repeat medication over the telephone.
Some pharmacies will also deliver to your home.
Please give at least 2 working days notice for the prescription to be ready at reception and longer if you require the pharmacy to collect it.
We do not take repeat prescription requests over the telephone.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.